The guiding light

There occur very few moments in your life when you actually feel so elated, so excited and so captivated about something that the whole world seems to be under your feet for a while. This intensity of emotions has to come from some medium which may be some action, some person or something tangible or intangible. The catalyst needs to be strong enough to incite that fire in you. Today I found that medium in my life which has ignited that dying fire again in me. After having been catapulted many a times in my life, I have finally found a reason to be proud of myself, to hold my head high against all adversities.
Life will never be the same again for me I’m sure of that.
It’s another thing that medium came to deliver a guest lecture here at our campus on marketing communications. It’s again another thing that she happened to be the
Vice- President (Strategy) of a company called JW Thompson which in turn happens to be one of the top two ad agencies in India and amongst top four in the world. The main thing is that she has left an indelible mark on me that will only be wiped by an equally strong set of emotions that time might create to test my patience.
Shazia Khan is one such person for me. Right from the time of running after the respective professor who invited her for an appointment from her water tight six hour schedule to getting the opportunity to receive her at the airport as well as dropping her back too. To getting to take her around the campus , to hopping around with her in the gardens filled with most exquisite variety of flowers which made her jump with joy has been an experience altogether. My primary aim was to extract as much as I could from her regarding marketing communications field in which I along with two other friends am going to start a business soon. It went on smoothly, the interactions, the deliberations and all until the moment that I suddenly realized that I had suddenly developed a genuine respect for that woman. Her modesty, her forceful convictions, her charms have bowled me over. The way she has motivated me today, it’s hard to find that feeling again. Her mantras of success for me:
Do the doable
Just go and get it!!
Aim for the world and the world will embrace you

These might not make some sense to anybody other than me, but if I just stick to these mantras, I’ll just do justice to myself and to her perhaps.

Comments

Manish said…
Hey Dude.. thats cool....
u are indeed lucky to be able to find what u wanted... very few are that lucky to have the right thing at the right time... nice... besties to u

GBU n TC
Manish
Manish said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
best of luck for ur future.. which i hope will be as gud as u want it to be :)
Anonymous said…
Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

Popular posts from this blog

Wish... I were a rock

Classroom Musings VIII